Monday, July 26, 2010

New Ideas

I recently went to Pearl Art Supply and found some "scrap" canvas that was larger than I've painted in years. It is Belgian cotton that's oil primed. The matte finish of the primer made me wonder what would happen if I used acrylics to wash in a color, then finish in oil. The acrylic adhered fantastically and now I have a miniature "master" copy of a Justin Sweet.

This was painted on the little piece that was meant for people to know what was wrapped in the plastic. It's only about 4.25"x2". I miss painting tiny. I now found out that I love this surface and have been looking for this for ever. Now I just need to find out how to get more. I also scanned it in with a quarter so you can get a good size comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment